What is CBD?
Cannabidiol, better known as CBD is a popular natural remedy used for many common ailments found from the cannabis plant. CBD is non-psychoactive and its isolate form is usually crystalline solid or powder. CBD isolate doesn’t contain a distinct odour or taste but it houses tons of benefits!
What is CBD Used For?
CBD is can be used to treat many common conditions such as stress, anxiety, insomnia, inflammation, chronic pain, and to support general wellbeing. Isolate is CBD in its purest form and consuming the pure powder over other conventional forms of CBD is the most effective.
What are the Benefits of CBD?
- Chronic Pain Relief
- Stress Relief
- Reduced effects of common anxiety related conditions including:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Social anxiety
- Panic disorders
- Moderate depression
How to Use CBD Isolate
The best part of CBD isolate is the diversity of it. Simply sprinkle some isolate into a joint, top off a bowl, dab some or mix some into your vape and you should feel the effects immediately! For those who enjoy the terpenes of high THC flowers but want a more mellow high can add CBD isolate to help lower any anxiety or chance of psychosis.
You can easily add CBD isolate to your meals by mixing it with an oil or butter. It’s tasteless and odourless so the possibilities are endless on what you can add it too! You can also take it sublingually by taking a small amount and letting the isolate dissolve under your tongue for at least 90 seconds.
Because CBD isolate is so versatile, you can make everything from tincture to lotions with it. You can make your own tinctures by mixing CBD isolate with a carrier oil like grape seed oil or MCT oil. As CBD isolate is oil soluble, you can mix it with any existing body oil or and oil-based lotion and apply it topically on any aching body part for some relief. Want to learn how to make your CBD massage oil? See below for a quick guide:
How to Make CBD Massage Oil
Things you’ll need:
- 1 standard 30ml dropper bottle
- 30ml of a carrier oil like coconut oil, jojoba oil, rose oil
- Optional: 12 drops of essential oil like lavender oil, orange oil, jasmine oil, etc
- 500mg CBD isolate
- depending on how much you include, this will determine the dosage per dropper.
- In the standard 30ml bottle, add 30ml of your carrier oil. Use a funnel to make this process less messy.
- Then add your CBD Isolate. Use a paper funnel to do this to make sure you don’t spill any!
- Optional: add 12 drops of your preferred essential oil(s).
- Close the bottle and make sure its tightly sealed.
- Next, give it a good shake to mix the isolate and oils until isolate is completely dissolved. To speed up this process, you can place the bottle into a cup or bowl of hot water for 5-10 minutes, and shake again.
- Viola! Your body oil is now complete.
Store your CBD massage oil in the fridge between uses to help extend its shelf life.
One full dropper (1ml) will be dosed at 16.7mg (500ml/30 drops per bottle)
Half a dropper will be dosed at 8.4mg
One drop should be 0.56mg (16.7mg / 30 drops per bottle)